22 December 2013

Genius

(To that kid who went to school with me...)

You are genius.
I know it isn't easy being that!
But you are what you are.

True, genius is frowned upon,
it's laughed at, and it is mocked a bit too.
Genius is not appreciated always.
It is not really received well.
It is blamed, beaten up sometimes!
But it is what it is, and you -
you are what you are.

But you have to see something:
Genius walks along with genius in the end.

True, despite the knowledge and intelligence,
and the brilliance that come to be out of them,
it is hard not to feel like the odd one out - always!

But you have to know something:
The odd ones are special; there are very few of you!

If I could go back in time, I would make you realize it.
Irony of life isn't it? Me showing You things!
But even the best of minds could do with help.
Help from the least expected source.

I would ask you to look at me
and look through me and think of this:
Would you be rather me, wanting to be you?
would you be yourself, just the way you are?

True, it only gets harder as time goes by.
But even today, come to think of it -
who would you rather be?
I know the answer - no doubt you do too!

Take heed brother, I talk to you because
It takes more than just a simple mind to make sense of my words.
You are better off being you.
The world is too because of you.

But it is not forever.
The aim is to have a world with no geniuses.
For when genius is everywhere, genius is nowhere!
That is the world you strive to build.

Know this, you are sculpting future for better.
The future, where none looks at things,
and not think through things...
where you are smiled at not mocked!

That's the dream and you will help it come true.
You have to, you are partly to be blamed!
You helped us beat evolution!
The lot of us who are not supposed to be here, are here,
because of geniuses like you.

Be patient sister, it took centuries for people
to stop wanting to kill geniuses!
They've made good progress.
They try understanding genius now.
Soon they'll truly appreciate and they will all want to be you.

Until then, be what you are... we need you.

No comments: