29 April 2015

You belong there

Ever been on a beach? Watching the waves crash?
One after another.

You see the next one forming up...
and you think every wave tries to get you.

Sometimes you like it, sometimes not
But you keep looking at them - you can't stop...

These waves, they're wondrous!
Forget the science, think of the thrill, the menacing roar!
Yet, they calm you down...
You feel you belong there - with them.

Eerie silence and darkness creeping around,
but the horizon reminds you that the world is out there.

It's open and you're a free spirit - you're not trapped.

Next time you see the world shrinking around you,
look at the sky - there's nothing locking you in
and the sea's out there, under the sky, not too far from you!

Go.

Find yourself at home one more time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing it is Arshat my secretive poet :)... loved it

Unknown said...

Hi. I just read a bunch of blurbs on another site where the people commenting were attacking you about being Muslim. You have to know people who can be that abusive and faceless are psychopaths. I hope you're okay. I understand only the extremists are violent whereas most Muslims are not. I am Christian and I'm sorry you had such a poor interaction. My God is love and not anything like what you experienced with that bare naked Islam website. God bless.

Arshat said...

Hey Farrah. I understand and I have a lot of Christian friends who have nothing but absolute love for me. Thank you for taking the time to drop a note :) God bless you.