13 April 2011

For you my sister... :)

It's not even a day!
Sis, I miss you already.
We weren't really sentimental,
And we never really talked much;
much about stuff that actually mattered.
I wasn't a good brother... not even close....
I was never there for you;
when you needed me the most.
But you never complained! You're the best.
Even to me; such a jerk I was.
Stupid, silly and inconsiderate.

You know I cared for you.
And you always tolerated me;
everytime I got overprotective.
Lame things those were...
I should've cared more...
more than I did for others.
But I didn't and now I'm sorry.

It's all so crazy you know;
My kid sister just got married!
I keep telling myself tat it's about time.
Yet, it still seems so fast.
Kids were were yesterday.
You were the most envied in the neighborhood!
Cute, smart, nice to others and what not!?
It's all so fast. Faster than I had imagined.

You were always there for me to listen.
Fighting your frustrations within.
I'm sorry I didn't see it all when I should have.
I'm sorry that I had let you down so many times...
I'm sorry I'm  not the brother you deserve.

I realized a lot of things today.
It's your wedding and it was Beautiful...
and so were you...
All of these came flooding when I saw you cry.
I had mixed feelings.
I was happy, for I know you're the best.
You'll live the happiest life ever.
He's lucky and so is his family.
I was sad.
Because lately we hadn't spent enough time together.
And I knew that I'll miss you.
I'll miss seeing you during the monthly visits.
When I think about texting you at weird times;
asking you to wake me up early.
You know I held my tears back.
To you I always am the stronger one.
I will be for you.
I feel like crying now; but you know I'll never admit it if you ask :)

You know me better, and you still care for me.
You're the best sister ever.
You know I always knew that.
I just never told you.
I regret a lot now.
I should have tried listening to you;
when I was busy trying to look after others.
I'm not sure if all of that's  worth even remembering now.

You know... you almost know everything I ever did! almost...
but you never hated me for the things that I had done.
Maybe you liked me for who I am.
I've never admitted this before sis;
I always liked you for who you are...

It's about time for you to step in,
take the giant leap.
Because I'm sure!
God willing you'll live the most happiest and beautiful life ever.
And I will always be there...
Secretly admiring the way you do things,
and the way you live life.
Go on sis, you'll have it all.
And someday when I'm really grown up, you'll hear me say;
How proud I am of you....

No comments: