04 April 2011

Things...

Clouds pass everyday.
But we notice not.
Some stay awhile and shower on us.
Some cover up the sun for us.
Some just drift away.
It happens around us,
and we never remember those clouds..

In my sky, there are no passing clouds.
They always stay. Always.
That's probably why I never see the sun.
Not that I'm complaining.
I cherish my clouds. Forever I will.
Only at times like this I realize
that it's good to see the sun once in a while.

I'm like one of them clouds in your sky.
Now I think I should have just drifted away
when I'd done with the showers.
But I like to stay, when I like the sky or what's underneath.
What I saw below; floating on your sky;
made me stop, and stay.
I saw the most beautiful rose I had ever showered on.

The rose most vulnerable in the sun.
Thorns all around the stem,
The cunning bees buzzing all over.
I thought perhaps I was sent to protect; mad thought.
After all I had seen and been through.
I still thought I should look after you.
From the sun, the thorns and the bees.

Had I realized that you needed the sun;
I wouldn't have stood there.
Taking those angry hot glares .
Had I realized that you grew the thorns to save yourself.
I wouldn't  have worried about it endlessly.
Had I realized that the bees cannot harm but steal the honey.
I wouldn't have dropped those spells to chase them away.

There was no intention. First time it was.
I failed to think; with my senses and not the heart.
Insanity at the worse:  trying to block the sun from getting at you?
Closing in on you:  to remove the thorns?
Thundering and pouring down:  to annihilate the bees?
Yes it is true; I failed to think.
About anything else.

Failed, to see that you had the strength.
Forgot to remember that,
You were fine on your own before I entered your sky.
To understand that, you knew
not just to survive, but to have a life as well.
Blind I was, and a failure,
failure as a friend.

Enough said and none done, yet.
I apologize one last time.
For all that's happened.
If and when, you ever decipher this.
I would be long gone.
Trust me one last time.
I've already started drifting away - from your sky.

No comments: